This easy salad uses up leftovers to create a whole new dish - crumble over creamy, salty fetta for a burst of flavour.
The ingredient of Risoni, lamb and fetta salad
- 300g dried risoni pasta
- 2 large zucchini, peeled into 3mm-thick ribbons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons light flavour extra virgin olive oil
- 300g leftover roast lamb, shredded (see related recipe)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) leftover pan juices (see related recipe)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained baby capers
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 180g feta, crumbled
The instruction how to make Risoni, lamb and fetta salad
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until al dente. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue or chargrill on medium-high. Combine zucchini, oregano and 2 teaspoons oil in a bowl. Season. Cook, gently tossing, for 3 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Place lamb and pan juices in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on High for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through.
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, capers, lemon rind, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the remaining oil in a bowl. Season.
- Coarsely chop half the herbs. Add all herbs, lamb mixture, onion, zucchini, half the dressing and half the fetta to the pasta. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining fetta and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Nutritions of Risoni, lamb and fetta saladcalories: