Seafood for dinner is a winner! Be lured by this tasty take on this prawn and fish tempura.
The ingredient of Seafood & asparagus sesame tempura
- 125g (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 330g (2 1/2 cups) cornflour
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 250ml (1 cup) iced water
- Sunflower oil, to deep-fry
- 500g peeled green prawns, with tails intact
- 250g frozen Tasmanian Salmon Fillets, thawed, cut diagonally into 1.5cm slices
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut diagonally into 6cm lengths
- Steamed SunRice Japanese Style Sushi Rice, to serve
- Soy sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Seafood & asparagus sesame tempura
- Combine mayonnaise and wasabi.
- Whisk cornflour, sesame seeds, egg and water in a bowl. Add oil to a large saucepan to reach a depth of 10cm. Heat to 180u00b0C over medium-high heat (when the oil is ready, a cube of bread turns golden in 15 seconds). Dip half the prawns in batter to coat. Add to oil. Cook for 2 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. Transfer to a platter lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining prawns and batter.
- Dip salmon in batter to coat. Add to oil. Cook for 2 minutes or until crisp and fish is just cooked through. Transfer to platter. Dip asparagus in batter to coat. Add to oil and cook for 1 minute or until crisp. Transfer to the platter.
- Serve the tempura with wasabi mayonnaise, rice and soy sauce.
Nutritions of Seafood & asparagus sesame tempurafatContent: 1057.575 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 121 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein