The combination of creamy mash, salty salmon and tasty lime and chilli make these patties a fave.
The ingredient of Lime & chilli fish cakes
- 600g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 20g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, chopped
- 415g can Greenseas pink salmon, drained, bones removed, flaked
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon McCormick dried lime and chilli spice blend
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 cup (90g) dried breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- Salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Lime & chilli fish cakes
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain and mash until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Add the leek. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Put the potatoes, leek, salmon, egg, lime and chilli blend, rind and juice into a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate and press patties into the crumbs to coat.
- Wipe the frypan clean with some paper towel. Heat half of the oil over a medium-high heat. Cook half of the patties for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat. Serve warm with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Lime & chilli fish cakescalories: