This hearty vego scroll will really wow a crowd!
The ingredient of Pumpkin scroll with minted feta
- 750g kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 50g firm feta, coarsely grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 150g firm feta, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
The instruction how to make Pumpkin scroll with minted feta
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Coarsely mash.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add shallot, garlic and dill and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until softened. Add to pumpkin with feta and half the egg. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Increase oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Place a large piece of baking paper on a clean work surface. Lay the pastry sheets on top, overlapping by about 1cm. Press down firmly to seal, making a large rectangle with the long side closest to you.
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture down the long side of pastry, leaving a 5cm border. Brush the edges with some remaining egg. Fold edge nearest to you over filling to enclose. Using baking paper as a guide, continue to roll to form a large log. Twist loosely into a coil shape. Brush top with remaining egg. Sprinkle with caraway. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- For minted feta, process mint, feta and olive oil in a food processor. With motor running, slowly add milk until mixture is smooth.
- Top the scroll with extra dill and mint. Serve with minted feta.
Nutritions of Pumpkin scroll with minted fetacalories: 405.583 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams protein