The ingredient of Roasted vegetable strudel with pesto sauce
- 250g chargrilled eggplant slices
- 200g chargrilled zucchini slices
- 400g chargrilled capsicum slices (red and yellow, if possible)
- 100ml basil pesto (see notes)
- 375g packet of puff pastry
- 300g haloumi, sliced
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon parmesan
The instruction how to make Roasted vegetable strudel with pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C.
- If the chargrilled vegetables are from a deli, pat dry with paper towel.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 20 x 30cm rectangle. Cut a 5cm strip from the pastry and set aside. Layer the vegetables and haloumi down 1 long side of the pastry, spreading a little pesto between each layer. Brush the outside edges of the pastry with a little water and fold over the other long side to enclose. Press edges together to seal, then tuck beneath strudle to form a parcel.
- Roll out the remaining pastry strip to increase width by 2cm. Cut lengthways into strips and use to garnish the strudel. Alternatively you can use a netting tool* to roll over the strip to form a lattice. Brush the pastry with the egg yolk and dust with the parmesan.
- Bake at 190u00b0C for 25 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes before serving with remaining pesto.
Nutritions of Roasted vegetable strudel with pesto saucecalories: 802.323 calories
calories: 58 grams fat
calories: 24 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 113 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 3297.66 milligrams sodium