The freshness of the noodle salad is a great pairing with delicious turkey meatballs, where tangy rice wine vinegar balances the sweetness of honey in the sauce.
The ingredient of Honey miso turkey meatballs with noodle salad
- 3 green shallots
- 600g turkey mince
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons miso paste
- 12.5g (1/4 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) mirin
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 180g soba noodles
- 2 bunches broccolini, halvedu00a0diagonally
- 2 cups edamame beans, blanched,u00a0podded
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- Shiso leaves or Asian greens, tou00a0serveu00a0(optional)
The instruction how to make Honey miso turkey meatballs with noodle salad
- Thinly slice 2u00a0shallots diagonally and reserve. Finely chop remaining shallot. Place in a bowl. Add turkey mince, 2 teaspoons ginger, garlic, 3 teaspoons miso and breadcrumbs. Season and combine. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on a lined tray.
- Whisk together the mirin, vinegar, honey and remaining ginger and miso in a jug. Cook the noodles andu00a0broccolini in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh. Transfer to a bowl. Add edamame, sliced shallot and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Toss to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 6 minutes or until golden. Add theu00a0miso mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until the liquid is syrupy and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Divide the noodle salad among bowls. Top with the meatballs and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with shiso leaves or Asian greens if using.
Nutritions of Honey miso turkey meatballs with noodle saladcalories: 592.959 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 63 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34 grams protein