For delicious tropical flavour, pair grilled fish with zingy coconut and avocado relish.
The ingredient of Grilled fish with lime, fresh coconut and avocado relish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 180g blue-eye fillets with skin (or other firm white fish)
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- 1 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 80g coarsely grated fresh coconut (see note)
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, flesh chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
The instruction how to make Grilled fish with lime, fresh coconut and avocado relish
- For the relish, segment the lime. Cut off the skin and white pith, then holding the fruit in your hand over a bowl to catch the juice, cut each segment away from the membrane with a small sharp knife. Roughly chop the flesh, then add to the bowl with the coconut, chilli, avocado, ginger, coriander leaves, fish sauce and sugar. Season the relish to taste with sea salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over high heat. Slash the skin of the fish fillets a few times, then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the fish fillets to the hot frypan, skin-side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Divide the steamed rice among four serving plates, top with the fish fillets and spoon over the relish. Serve with the lime wedges.
Nutritions of Grilled fish with lime, fresh coconut and avocado relishfatContent: 487.799 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 176 milligrams cholesterol