This great tortilla recipe is ready in just 25 minutes.
The ingredient of Crispy fish tortillas
- 1 egg
- 30g packet taco spice mix
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (see note)
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- Rice bran oil, for shallow frying
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, roughly torn
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Tabasco sauce (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy fish tortillas
- Place egg and 1 tablespoon cold water in a shallow bowl. Lightly whisk to combine. Place spice mix in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Press fish in spice mix to coat. Dip fish in egg mixture, shaking off excess. Toss fish in breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a plate.
- Pour enough oil into a frying pan to come 1cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook fish, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes, turning, or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill on high. Chargrill tortillas, in batches, for 1 minute or until lightly charred and warm. Serve fish and tortillas with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, coriander, lime wedges and tabasco sauce (if using).
Nutritions of Crispy fish tortillascalories: 713.176 calories
calories: 30.9 grams fat
calories: 8.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 66.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 111 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1567 milligrams sodium