These Argentinian beef empanadas are packed with delicious spices & great for entertaining.
The ingredient of Argentinian beef empanadas
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons finely diced garlic
- 2 x 500g packet Coles butcher 3 star beef mince
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 cup roughly diced parsley
- 1/2 cup (80g) roughly diced pitted olives (any)
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and roughly diced
- 10 sheets of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Argentinian beef empanadas
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees.
- Place large frypan over high heat, add oil, when hot add onion, cook for a few minutes or until lightly golden, add garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and cinnamon and cook for 2 minutes. Add beef, break up with a spatula and cook until a golden colour is achieved on the meat. Add tomato paste and currants and simmer for 5 u2013 10 minutes. Finish off filling by stirring through adding parsley, olives, eggs and season with salt and black pepper.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and cut out a 15cm circle, place pastry round on a clean work surface, place a heaped tablespoon of filling in the centre of the pastry and join the two sides together to make a half moon shape, pinch the pastry together on the edges. Set aside on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with reing pastry and filling.
- Before baking, brush empanadas with a little egg, place in the oven and bake for 25 u2013 30 minutes or until golden and pastry is cooked through. Serve warm.
Nutritions of Argentinian beef empanadascalories: 387.897 calories
calories: 24.7 grams fat
calories: 6.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 26.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 0.8 grams sugar
calories: 15.1 grams protein
calories: 52 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 194 milligrams sodium