Pack more veggies into kids meals with this fast and fabulous sweet and sour fish.
The ingredient of Sweet and sour fish
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 200g fresh pineapple, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 green capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 120g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour fish
- Season fish lightly with salt and pepper. Toss lightly to coat. Spray lightly with oil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until golden and cooked through. Wipe pan clean.
- Blend cornflour with 1 tablespoon cold water in a bowl until smooth. Add soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple, juice and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Spray oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, capsicum and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add pineapple mixture. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add peas. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add fish to sauce mixture. Simmer for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve on steamed brown rice.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour fishcalories: 584.833 calories
calories: 5.1 grams fat
calories: 0.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 94.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 35.2 grams protein
calories: 57 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 502 milligrams sodium