Warm up with a bowl of this slow-cooked beef, cooked in a delicious Asian broth.
The ingredient of Asian-style broth with beef
- 4 cups (1L) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 whole star anise
- 750g Coles Australian Gravy Beef
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, quartered lengthways
- 1 cup (55g) trimmed bean sprouts
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Asian-style broth with beef
- Combine the stock, 2 cups (500ml) water, wine, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and star anise in a large stock pot or saucepan. Bring to the boil. Add the beef. Reduce heat to low. Bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 11/2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Transfer the beef to a plate. Use two forks to shred the meat. Return the beef to the stock pot or saucepan with the fish sauce and bok choy. Cook for 2 mins or until bok choy is tender.
- Spoon the beef mixture into serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts, chilli and coriander to serve.
Nutritions of Asian-style broth with beefcalories: