These spicy Thai-inspired fish patties are great for lunch or dinner, they are freezer friendly and only take 45 minutes.
The ingredient of Thai fish patties with warm rice slaw recipe
- 450g packet 21/2-minute microwave jasmine rice
- 1 lime
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves and stem
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 700g firm white skinless fish fillets, chopped
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 100g green beans, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 400g packet Asian-style coleslaw kit with crunchy noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
The instruction how to make Thai fish patties with warm rice slaw recipe
- Heat rice following packet directions. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, zest and juice lime. Place lime zest, chilli, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, coriander and 2/3 of the onion in a food processor. Process until chopped.
- Add fish, breadcrumbs and egg whites. Process until finely chopped and combined. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in beans. Using 1u20444 cup mixture at a time, roll mixture into 12 balls. Flatten slightly to form patties. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, discard dressing from coleslaw kit. Place coleslaw, crunchy noodles, cucumber, rice and remaining onion in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Combine sweet chilli sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Serve patties with slaw salad and sweet chilli sauce mixture.
Nutritions of Thai fish patties with warm rice slaw recipefatContent: 771.97 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 102 milligrams cholesterol