Were calling it: this fish tacos recipe is right up there with our favourite Mexican dishes of all time.
The ingredient of Fish tacos recipe for two
- 1/8 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 cob corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 u00bd tablespoons olive oil or rice bran oil
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1 small French shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- u00bc teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 200g white fish fillets, cut into strips
- 2 flour tortillas, warmed through
- 2 teaspoons light sour cream
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Thinly sliced fresh jalapeno chilli, to serve (optional)
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Hot chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Fish tacos recipe for two
- Mix the cabbage, extra virgin olive oil and 2 tsp of the lemon or lime juice in a bowl until well combined.
- Cook the corn in a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Preheat a barbecue plate or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush the corn with 1/2 tsp of the olive oil. Add the corn and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until charred. Remove the kernels from the cob.
- Combine the avocado, shallot, coriander and remaining lemon or lime juice in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, ground coriander and cayenne pepper in a large shallow bowl. Turn the fish in the flour mixture to coat. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Divide the tortillas among plates. Top with the cabbage mixture, corn, fish, avocado, sour cream, coriander and chilli, if desired. Serve with the lime cheeks and chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Fish tacos recipe for twocalories: