Serve up a fragrant Asian-inspired dish with this 20-minute spicy beef and broccoli stir-fry. Recipe by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Spicy beef and broccoli stir-fry over rice noodles
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 500g 3-star beef mince
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 spring onions (60g total), sliced, white and green parts divided
- 4cm knob fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/3 cup roasted salted peanuts
The instruction how to make Spicy beef and broccoli stir-fry over rice noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes, or until they are tender. Drain well.
- Heat a wok or large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. When the wok is smoking, add the oil and then the beef, chillies, white parts of the spring onions, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently to break up the beef, for about 4 minutes, or until the beef is cooked and browned. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes, or until it has wilted. Whisk together the stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and corn flour. Stir into the beef mixture and cook for about 1 minute, or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanuts and most of the green parts of the spring onions.
- Divide the noodles among 4 plates. Spoon the stir-fried beef over the noodles and sprinkle with the remaining spring onions. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Spicy beef and broccoli stir-fry over rice noodlescalories: