What happens when you turn easy Mexican fish tacos into a salad? THIS! Perfect for weeknight dinners or entertaining, its ready in just 35 minutes. Wait till you try that creamy chipotle sauce!
The ingredient of Crispy fish taco salad with baja dressing recipe
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 170g pkt plain corn chips, crushed
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g (2 cups) shredded red cabbage
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into long thin strips
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, quartered, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 85g (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 90g (1/3 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons chipotles in adobo sauce (see note)
- 3 teaspoons tomato sauce
The instruction how to make Crispy fish taco salad with baja dressing recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Heat a chargrill or barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Cook the corn on the chargrill for 12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender and lightly charred. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a small sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Meanwhile, place the flour in a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs in another shallow bowl and place the crushed corn chips on a plate. Dip the fish pieces into the flour to coat evenly and shake off excess. Working with a few pieces at a time, dip the fish in the egg, then roll in crumbs, pressing firmly to coat. Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make the dressing, stir all the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Arrange the corn, cabbage, capsicum, avocado, cucumber, coriander and shallot on serving plates. Top with the fish pieces and drizzle with a little dressing. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
Nutritions of Crispy fish taco salad with baja dressing recipefatContent: