Simple, but full of flavour, this Thai beef salad is the perfect anytime meal.
The ingredient of Thai beef noodle salad
- 250g rice stick noodles
- 1 (about 500g) beef rump steak
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Thai beef noodle salad
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with plenty of boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush both sides of steak with oil and season well with salt and pepper. Cook on chargrill for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- While the steak is cooking, combine the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a screw-top jar and shake until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the noodles, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, basil, mint, coriander and chilli in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss until just combined. Thinly slice the beef and add to the salad. Gently toss until just combined. Divide among serving bowls to serve.
Nutritions of Thai beef noodle saladcalories: 326.713 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 78 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 555.56 milligrams sodium