Warm up with our hearty tomato and lentil soup with cheesy croutons.
The ingredient of Tomato and lentil soup with cheesy croutons
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 400g pkt pre-chopped vegetables
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g soy and linseed sourdough
- 25g (1/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 100g (1/3 cup) bought fresh basil pesto
The instruction how to make Tomato and lentil soup with cheesy croutons
- Preheat grill on high. Place a stockpot over high heat.
- While pot heats up, crush the garlic.
- Add oil and vegetables to the pot. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil.
- While soup comes to the boil, tear bread from crusts and into large pieces. Place on a baking tray. Discard crusts. Spray the bread with oil then toss with remaining garlic. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Add lentils to the pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season.
- While the soup simmers, grill the bread for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Season the soup. Top with a dollop of pesto and cheesy croutons to serve.
Nutritions of Tomato and lentil soup with cheesy croutonscalories: 504.529 calories
calories: 23.5 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams protein