Hit the kitchen on Friday to fire up your tastebuds with curry paste, tangy lime, sweet coconut cream and lots of fresh ginger.
The ingredient of Fish and pumpkin red curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (see note)
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 500g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (see note)
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 200g (1 cup) jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Fish and pumpkin red curry
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and ginger, stirring, for 1 minute. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in coconut cream, pumpkin, sugar and fish sauce. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the fish and snow peas. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until fish and pumpkin are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following packet directions.
- Stir lime rind and lime juice into curry. Top with coriander. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Fish and pumpkin red currycalories: 609.689 calories
calories: 28 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 57 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 68 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 789.08 milligrams sodium