Make extra of this tasty curry to keep in the freezer for a healthy meal on the nights when you dont feel like cooking.
The ingredient of Fish and pumpkin curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai-style red curry paste
- 1kg Jap pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 185ml (3/4 cup) water
- 250g green beans, topped, halved lengthways
- 500g flake fish fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
The instruction how to make Fish and pumpkin curry
- Heat the oil in a large wok or saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the pumpkin to the wok and stir to coat in the onion mixture. Add the coconut milk and water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is almost cooked. Add the beans and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook, partially covered, for 2-3 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through. Taste and season with the fish sauce.
Nutritions of Fish and pumpkin currycalories: 335.795 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 42 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 802.06 milligrams sodium