Here’s a deliciously decadent twist on an old favourite. Pumpkin soup with nutmeg crème is simply irresistible.
The ingredient of Colins butternut pumpkin soup with nutmeg creme
- 100g duck fat
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150g parmesan rind
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarselyu00a0chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 170g (2/3 cup) cru00e8me frau00eeche
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 50g butter
- 45g (1/4 cup) pepitas
The instruction how to make Colins butternut pumpkin soup with nutmeg creme
- Heat the duck fat in a large saucepan over mediumu00a0heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic andu00a0the parmesan rind and cook, stirring, for 10u00a0minutes oru00a0until the vegetables are soft. Season. Add the pumpkin pieces and the stock. Increase the heatu00a0to high and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30u00a0minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, place the cru00e8me frau00eeche in a bowl. Useu00a0a fine grater or microplane to finely grate some of the nutmeg over the top.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the pepitas and cook, tossing, foru00a03-4 minutes until golden. Transfer the toasted pepitas to a heatproof bowl.
- Remove the parmesan rind from the soup and discard. Use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth. Season.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with a generous dollop of the nutmeg cru00e8me frau00eeche and sprinkle with the toasted pepitas.
Nutritions of Colins butternut pumpkin soup with nutmeg cremefatContent: 506.202 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein