Using evaporated milk, try this healthy take on a heart-warming Italian soup.
The ingredient of Creamy Italian Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 Italian-style sausages
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 375ml can CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 4 stalks kale, centre vein discarded, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy Italian Soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until just starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, squeeze sausage mince from casings. Discard casings. Break mince into small pieces.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add sausage to pan. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until changed in colour. Add tomato, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and chilli. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until vegetables are coated. Stir in stock and beans. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in evaporated milk and kale. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until kale is just wilted and soup is heated through. Stir in parmesan and parsley. Serve soup topped with extra parmesan and parsley.
Nutritions of Creamy Italian Soupcalories: