These stuffed zucchinis are the perfect antidote to boring meals. Use delicious Aussie mince, or mix it up with a can of lentils for a veggie version.
The ingredient of Mexican-style stuffed zucchini recipe
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthways
- 250g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef 3 Star Mince
- 1 1/2 tbs Mexican seasoning
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (60g) shredded tasty cheddar
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican-style stuffed zucchini recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Use a small spoon to remove the flesh from the centre of the zucchini, leaving a 5mm-thick shell. Finely chop the flesh and reserve in a bowl.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spray zucchini shells with olive oil spray and place cut-side down on the lined tray. Cover with foil. Bake for 15 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 mins or until the mince changes colour. Add the reserved zucchini flesh, Mexican seasoning, kidney beans and tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly. Season.
- Turn the zucchini shells cut-side up. Spoon mince mixture into each shell and sprinkle with cheddar. Bake for 10 mins or until cheddar melts and is golden brown. Sprinkle with tomato and coriander to serve.
Nutritions of Mexican-style stuffed zucchini recipecalories: 350.613 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 973 milligrams sodium