The ingredient of Nut & cardamom rolls
- 50g (2 1/2 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 85g (1/2 cup) blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 12 sheets filo pastry (Antoniou brand)
- 2 tablespoons honey
The instruction how to make Nut & cardamom rolls
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a baking tray with a little melted butter to grease. Combine almonds, walnuts, sugar and cardamom in a bowl.
- Place the filo pastry on a flat surface and cover with a clean, damp tea towel. Brush 1 filo sheet with a little melted butter. Top with another sheet of filo and brush with butter. Place a third sheet of pastry on top, then cut the filo stack crossways into 3 strips. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the nut mixture along a narrow end of each filo strip. Fold in the sides and roll up tightly to enclose the filling (youu00efu00bfu00bdll end up with cigar-shaped pastries). Place on the greased tray, seam-side down, and brush the top with butter. Repeat with the remaining filo, butter and filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Drizzle the rolls with honey and set aside for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Nut & cardamom rollscalories: 521.737 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 383.1 milligrams sodium