Gnocchi: Use the ingredients below to get started. Then its simply a matter of adding your favourite sauce.
The ingredient of Classic gnocchi recipe
- 1kg Desiree potatoes, unpeeled (see note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- Plain flour, extra, to dust
The instruction how to make Classic gnocchi recipe
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold water. Cover. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to low. Cook for 30 minutes or until soft when pierced with a skewer.
- Let the potatoes cool for about 30 minutes, then peel with a small knife. If theyre still too hot to handle, wear clean rubber gloves. Return potatoes to the pan.
- Mash potato until just smooth, then press one-quarter of potato through a sieve into a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches. Add salt and season with pepper.
- Add flour. Mix to form a firm, slightly sticky dough. If its too sticky, add a little more flour, but only a tablespoon at a time. Too much makes the dough heavy.
- Dust a tray, lined with a clean, dry tea towel, with flour. Cut dough into 4 even portions. Roll each portion on a lightly floured surface to a 2cm-thick log.
- Use a lightly floured knife to cut logs into 2cm pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place on the lined tray, making sure the gnocchi dont touch each other.
- Gently roll, 1 at a time, over the back of a lightly floured fork. The ridges help sauce cling to the gnocchi and give them a traditional Italian finish.
- Bring a large shallow saucepan of water to the boil. Add one-quarter of the gnocchi. When they rise to the surface - after about 2-3 minutes - theyre ready.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a baking tray, making sure theres a little cooking water still on the tray. This stops them sticking together.
Nutritions of Classic gnocchi recipecalories: 245.692 calories
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 585.74 milligrams sodium