You wont be able to pass up a slice of this scrumptious strawberry cake with champagne buttercream! Just look how pretty it is!
The ingredient of Strawberry cake with champagne buttercream recipe
- 500g strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 375g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar, extra
- 6 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
- Pink liquid food colouring
- 1/2 cup (125ml) champagne or sparkling wine
- 250g butter, softened, extra
- 500g icing sugar mixture
- Strawberries, extra, to decorate
The instruction how to make Strawberry cake with champagne buttercream recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the bases and sides of three 20cm (base measurement) round cake pans.
- Combine the strawberry and sugar in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the sugar dissolves and strawberry releases its juice. Increase heat to medium. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 10-15 mins or until the mixture reduces by half and thickens. Set the strawberry mixture aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside to cool. Reserve u00bc cup (60ml) of the strawberry puree.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter and extra sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add combined flour and almond meal and stir to combine. Add the remaining strawberry puree and a little pink food colouring and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans. Smooth the surface. Bake for 30-35 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 5 mins to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place the champagne or sparkling wine in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 mins or until champagne or sparkling wine reduces to about 2 tbs. Set aside to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the extra butter in a medium bowl until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Add the champagne or sparkling wine and reserved strawberry puree. Beat until well combined.
- Place 1 cake on a serving plate. Spread with a little of the buttercream. Top with another cake. Continue layering with more buttercream and the remaining cake. Spread the top and side of the cake with the remaining buttercream. Use a large palette knife to smooth the top and side. Decorate with the extra strawberries.
Nutritions of Strawberry cake with champagne buttercream recipecalories: 496.164 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 56 grams carbohydrates
calories: 42 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 263 milligrams sodium