These patties turn canned tuna into a tasty and nutritious meal the whole family will enjoy.
The ingredient of Tuna and olive patties
- 600g sebago or golden delight potatoes, peeled, cut into 5cm pieces
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup oven-roasted garlic and onion tomato pasta sauce
- 500g steamed green vegetables, to serve
The instruction how to make Tuna and olive patties
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Mash until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add tuna, onion, olives and egg to the potato. Mix well. Add 2 teaspoons flour and stir until well combined. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape into 1.5cm-thick patties.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Place remaining flour on a plate. Coat patties in flour, shaking off any excess. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Spray both sides of patties with oil. Cook patties, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Place on a baking tray and keep warm in oven.
- Meanwhile, pour pasta sauce into a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Place patties on plates. Spoon over sauce and season with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed vegetables.
Nutritions of Tuna and olive pattiescalories: 323.128 calories
calories: 5.1 grams fat
calories: 1.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 33.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29.8 grams protein
calories: 86 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 451 milligrams sodium