The ingredient of Pea & ham soup with salami bites
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 225g potatoes, chopped
- 900ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 350g frozen peas
- 100g Primo Honey-Cured Leg Ham, thinly sliced
- 150ml thickened cream, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto or sun-dried tomato pesto
- 100g Primo Hungarian Salami
The instruction how to make Pea & ham soup with salami bites
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add potatoes and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add stock and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add peas, bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Process in a blender until smooth. Stir in half the ham, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cream and herbs, then heat through.
- Meanwhile, to make salami bites, preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Lay pastry on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Prick the pastry base all over with a fork and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with pesto. Lay salami in overlapping slices over pesto. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven, slice each sheet in half then cut into 3cm strips.
- Serve the soup with extra cream, garnish with remaining ham and season with pepper. Serve with salami bites.
Nutritions of Pea & ham soup with salami bitescalories: 511.699 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 90 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1241.84 milligrams sodium