Go nuts with this rich, Italian frozen dessert, with a sweet and smooth choc-hazelnut injection.
The ingredient of Hazelnut semifreddo
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 2/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 x 150g packet almond biscotti, finely chopped
- 120g packet dry-roasted hazelnuts, chopped (see note)
- Chocolate curls, to decorate
The instruction how to make Hazelnut semifreddo
- Grease a 7cm-deep, 12cm x 20.5cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar together for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Wash and dry beaters. Beat cream, hazelnut spread and cocoa in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream mixture into egg mixture. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with biscotti. Cover surface with plastic wrap then foil. Freeze overnight. Turn out onto a plate. Top with hazelnuts and chocolate curls. Serve.
Nutritions of Hazelnut semifreddocalories: 645.061 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 179 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 136.45 milligrams sodium