The whole family will love this Mexican-style prawns and rice. Its ready in under 30 minutes, but were sure it will be gobbled up in half that time!
The ingredient of Mexican-style prawns and rice recipe
- 40g butter, chopped
- 200g Coles Australian Diced Butternut Pumpkin
- 450g pkt microwavable basmati rice
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 300g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500g Australian raw prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs chilli paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
The instruction how to make Mexican-style prawns and rice recipe
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin and cook, stirring, for 8 mins or until just tender. Add the rice. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until heated through.
- Add the beans, corn, peas and spring onion to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until heated through. Season.
- Meanwhile, combine the prawns, oil, chilli paste and cumin in a medium bowl. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2 mins each side or until the prawns curl and change colour. Season.
- Arrange prawns over the rice mixture.
Nutritions of Mexican-style prawns and rice recipecalories: 583.638 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 61 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 1427 milligrams sodium